Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Plan for Connecting to Other Blogs

       The goal of any blog should be to connect to other blogs and bloggers who share a common interest in the material the blog presents. However, quite a few blogs fail to accomplish this fundamental goal. This may happen because the blog owner only cares about his view and refuses to acknowledge those who comment or other blogs on a similar subject. One goal I have for myself and my blog is to never forget that every person who comments and who reads my blog is a person, not a statistic for my follower or comment total.
       If my peers in the blogging world take the time to read what I have to write and comment I am going to take the time to comment back and maybe even visit their blog and make a comment of my own. An important principle to remember is that blogging is a community, and nobody wants to be the person in the community that cares so much about himself and his world that he allows his dog to leave droppings all over the neighborhood and refuses to apologize or clean them up.
       That example may be a little over the top but the point is clear that people, including bloggers, want to be respected. The blog host can respect his viewers and followers by being real to himself/herself and write about subjects that they understand and can speak about intellectually. Bloggers will appreciate an honest and trustworthy person that takes the time to respond to comments and posts additional content regularly. By holding true to the principles I stated above I will make real connections to other blogs and bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment